Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nature Notes: Feed Me!

Barn Swallow Babies

I had never gotten a really good look at swallows, much less gotten a photo, before this past week. They dart through so fast. So it was a treat when a whole family of them lined up on my gutter for the day.

Most baby birds flutter their wings when begging, looking all helpless and cute. These guys stand up tall and proud, wings spread like little eagles, competing to look biggest and strongest.

If I were a swallow mom, I think I'd be a little intimidated.

Feed Me


Ordering Room Service



Click here to visit Michelle's site and see more Nature Notes.

*P.S. Thanks, Tina, for the invitation to enter these into PicStory! I hope I did my entry correctly. Here's the link to that meme, everyone: PicStory.

13 comments:

Carver said...

Wow, these are fantastic shots of the swallows. Wonderful!

Jill said...

These are wonderful!

Tina´s PicStory said...

Great shots! Would be also perfect for my *PicStory* this week: outdoor. So if you like... :)
LG Tina

EG CameraGirl said...

Wow! Your photos really capture the action here!

??? said...

Great shots, the excited chicks made me laugh.

Debbie said...

wow....demanding little one's aren't they?!?!

Leora said...

This looks like opera - all the characters are very energized and singing loudly at each other.

Anonymous said...

What a lot of energy in these photos.

Thyra said...

I have never seen such fantastic shots of swallows and their kids before. They are simply unique. Yes, they look like little eagles. Such great photos.
Grethe ´)

MyMaracas said...

Thanks, everyone! These are the best of over 80 shots. These guys are faaaast! And I LOVE the idea that the babies are singing opera. LOL

Tina´s PicStory said...

Thanks for joining us on *PicStory* with this great shots. :) And you did all right! :). Have a nice weekend! LG Tina

Rambling Woods said...

Wow...FANTASTIC to catch this in action...LOVE this..thank you for adding to Nature Notes...Michelle

Bengts fotoblogg said...

Great shots, great action.