Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nature Notes: Seasons Change


November is when autumn fades into winter here - or slams into it broadside, as it did this year. These were taken from an upstairs window just nine days apart.


I've put the bird feeder back up, and it has a few regular visitors again. Not nearly the numbers as before, but maybe as the winter wears on. We do have an unusual number of crows, though.

I've been stalking crows for years, hoping to catch a flock in the snow, but they are the most skittish of all the birds I have. They spot me immediately and they do not stick around to see what I'm going to do with that strange little black box.


Storm Crows


Kind of a short entry this time, what with holiday to-do lists and all. But I do hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week, filled with family and friends, good food and warmth!


        For more Nature Notes, visit Rambling Woods

9 comments:

Karen said...

Our winter arrived just as quickly!

Laura said...

beautiful series… winter feels so sudden.

betty-NZ said...

I love the two identical views! How cool. I hope you get your crows one day soon!

Janine Bollée said...

Phenomenal difference and both such delightful images. I love pictures taken through windows. mine never turn out right though :-)

Carver said...

Great shots to show the change over in seasons.

MyMaracas said...

Thanks - it seems all of you got blindsided by Old Man Winter too this time around!

Aprille - hello, and welcome! I haven't quite got the hang of shooting out of windows either. Exposure is very tricky. I just focus on the view and hope for the best.

Rebecca said...

Love the flock of crows!! Very cool photo. :)

eileeninmd said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I love the two photos of the same scene. The Autumn shot is my favorite. The shot of the crow is cool. Have a happy day!

Rambling Woods said...

Yes... Horribly cold and snowy here too... I hope you had a good Thanksgiving Vicki.... Michelle