Saturday, March 13, 2010

This Is New.

I'm craving nutmeg. What do you suppose that means?

I don't know when it started, exactly, but for days now I've been obsessed with the spice. I wake up imagining I can smell nutmeg. I put it on my morning oatmeal. I stare at my work computer, seeing nothing, longing for nutmeg. My favorite nutmeg delivery system is Jello sugar-free instant vanilla pudding, and I've eaten pools of it this week. I have just downloaded cookie and cake recipes featuring nutmeg as the only flavoring, which I really, really should not bake because I know I will eat all of whatever comes out of the oven.

So what's up with that?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Nutmeg is also good on baked peaches. Cobbler, anyone?

Thanks for stopping by Cheep Rooms. When you get a bird house photo think of me...

Rambling Woods said...

i don't know..i wonder if it would show up in a google search..lol...

MyMaracas said...

Tufa, that sounds scrumptious!

Michelle, it shows up as a CURE for food cravings. Nothing about what it means to crave the cure. LOL

Carol said...

Gosh, I've not heard of this but it sounds yummy...think I'll go make some pudding...with nutmeg on top...

Caron said...

mmmmmm warm custard with nutmeg on top

Sallyacious said...

I like nutmeg & cinnamon on fresh fruit. Berries & cantaloupe & peaches, that kind of thing.

Chocolate has been my craving ever since I moved to Chicago. And not just a "hmmm... a candy bar would be nice, but no" kind of way. In a "I must have chocolate or I will KILL SOMEONE" kind of way.

A friend told me yesterday that it may be because there's a chocolate factory in town. The smell is much more faint than it used to be, but it's apparently still there. She suggested that I'm not noticing it, but that it's triggering things at a deeper level in me. Maybe your nutmeg craving has to do with the smells of spring?

MyMaracas said...

Carol, I hope I haven't set you off on a craving of your own. But I'm sure there are worse things. ;-)

News, warm custard! What a concept. Haven't made that in years, but it is now on my to-do list.

Sally, I feel like that about chocolate most of the time, so I know where you're coming from. And if there's a whiff of chocolate in the air where you are, I'm sure you're picking up on it.

I hadn't thought about it, but nutmeg does have something of the woods in spring about its scent. I wonder if that is what's got me craving it?

Unknown said...

I think you are making us all crave nutmeg! If you're not careful there will be a nutmeg shortage. LOL