Saturday, March 30, 2013

All The Time in the World

Ta Daaaaaa! I am officially RETIRED.

Yesterday I cleared out my desk, said my farewells, and walked out of a grim, gray cube farm into a glorious early spring day. I shed no tears. I did not look back. And now that it's a done deal, all I can think about it is, What the hell took me so long?

I can't remember ever feeling so light, so happy, so free. So ... what to do first?

Well, I couldn't sleep, so I got up around 5:30 AM, had coffee, and browsed the newspaper. Then I WENT BACK TO BED. Until 9. And I can do that every morning now. Any time I feel like it. Yowza.

It's Shadow Shot Sunday meme day, and the sun is shining, so photography was in order. I bought a neat bottle-turned-turned-into-a-candle holder at a gift shop a week ago, and I've been looking forward to seeing what I can do with it with my new 50mm lens (which I am loving). The results so far are over at Maraca. And if I want to, I can spend the whole day playing with it. Again, Yowza.

Now about that bottle. It looks like it is covered in frost crystals. I adore frost crystals. And I have never seen anything like this outside of the dead of winter:

2013_03_30_8605a

The shop owner didn't know how this effect had been done, either. So, of course, I fired up Google and went searching. It took a while to find the secret, but it turns out all you need is a can of a craft product called Crystal Frost, available at craft stores and online. You just spray it on glass and stand back while the magic happens. Come Christmas, I will be frosting the daylights out of this place.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is Easter and I have goodies to bake and shop for. Because I am not going to work today. Or tomorrow. Or ever. Yowza!

6 comments:

Linda Myers said...

Welcome to your brand new life!

MyMaracas said...

Thanks, Linda! Your encouragement helped me get here, for which I am truly grateful.

Vilisi said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy ! :)

Daryl said...

YOWZA indeed ... and how cool is that .. i may need to try it myself

Debbie said...

your on the other side now....the best part of your life. have a blast!!

Joyful said...

Congratulations on retirement! Now you have time to do all the things you couldn't do before ;-)